A trade name is the official name of a company or organisation. The registration of a business’s trade name in the United Arab Emirates is the first step in the company formation process. All businesses in the United Arab Emirates are required to reserve their trade names via the process of trade name registration before continuing with trade licence issuing procedures.
The registration of a company name in the United Arab Emirates gives the firm a distinct identity. However, according to UAE commercial law, there are a few considerations that must be taken into account, particularly throughout the process of registering a limited liability company in the UAE.
Table of Contents
Why is it necessary to register a trade name in the United Arab Emirates?
In the Economic Department of the United Arab Emirates, trade name registration is the same as business name registration. It is necessary to register your company’s trade name with the Department of Economic Development after receiving permissions from them.
What is the length of time needed for the registration of a trade name?
The registration of a trade name takes no more than 24 hours, and the reservation of a business name may be completed within a day.
Types of trade name registrations that have not been authorised by the Department of Economic Development
• A trade name registration is essentially the act of reserving a certain name for your business. Another business organisation may not register a trade name that is confusingly similar to yours. Trade names must be one-of-a-kind; if two or more names are registered at the same time, the authorities will reject the registration.
• A trade name is not registered in the United Arab Emirates if the trade name is in violation of public order or morality. Furthermore, the DED does not approve of trade names that are deceptive or misleading. The DED guarantees that the registration of a business name in the United Arab Emirates is done in line with the commercial activity.
• The business owner must also make certain that the trade name registration does not include the name of Allah (God) or any other religious titles in the name of the company. The registration of trade names that are associated with the governing power is likewise prohibited.
What is the procedure for registering a trade name in the United Arab Emirates?
The registration of a trade name in the United Arab Emirates is as simple as submitting an application to the Economic Department. However, supporting documentation must be provided with the application, and trade name reservation costs must be paid in person at the time of submission.
In the United Arab Emirates, you may register your trade name both online and offline. If you would like Generis Global to register your trade name with the Economic Department, we can do it in the quickest and most efficient manner.
What is the cost of registering a business name?
The cost of registering a trade name in the United Arab Emirates varies based on the Economic Department, which Emirates you want to register your company in, and the trade name that you select.
Although the Dubai Economic Department does not collect any fees, the following are the nominal charges that they do levy:
• The cost of registering a business name in Dubai is AED 620.
• In the event that you want to use a foreign name, the trade name registration costs in Dubai will be AED 2000.
If you would like to know the trade name registration costs in any other Emirates in the United Arab Emirates, or if you would like to know the new company registration expenses in the United Arab Emirates, consult with an expert!