646 666 9601 [email protected]

How can I get an ITIN number for my business? An Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) is a tax identification number issued by the IRS.

 ITIN Number

How can I get an ITIN number for my business? An Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) is a tax identification number issued by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). An ITIN contains nine digits, always starts with 9, and has a 7 or 8 as the fourth digit (e.g., 9XX-7X-XXXX). An applicant must complete IRS Form W-7, Application for Individual Taxpayer Identification Number, in order to get an ITIN number.

Tax Identification Numbers (TIN)

Any foreign investor who want to establish a firm in the United States must get a Tax ID number. These identification numbers are issued by the IRS in compliance with tax legislation for certain tax reasons. Individual taxpayers who are required to submit a tax return are assigned a Social Security Number (SSN). When submitting an immigrant visa application to the United States State Department, legal immigrants may apply for a Social Security number. If you complete both of these forms, you may not need to visit a Social Security office when you arrive in the United States.

You may also apply for a Social Security number after you arrive in the United States by visiting a Social Security office. If a person is not qualified for an SSN, the IRS will utilise an ITIN to identify non-resident aliens and foreign nationals who must file federal taxes. ITIN numbers are issued to non-citizens who work in the United States and are required to submit taxes. However, if those persons want to start a company in the United States, they do not need an ITIN number.

The IRS will only issue an ITIN to the persons listed below:

Those who do not have a legitimate Social Security number.

Residents of the United States who are required to file taxes in the United States, as well as their spouses.

Foreign nationals who are required to submit taxes.

Number of Employer Identification (EIN)

The Employer Identification Number (EIN) is made up of nine digits. It is also known as a Federal Tax Identification Number. In order to identify a company, the IRS provides an EIN. Consider an EIN to be the equivalent of an SSN for your company. An EIN is necessary to legally run a business in the United States.

In order to function, the following entities must get an EIN number:

Governmental organisations.

Companies with a limited liability.




Sole proprietorships


Individuals must satisfy certain standards in order to be eligible for an EIN number. They are as follows:

Establishing a partnership, corporation, or solo proprietorship.

Compensation of up to $600 or more for your staff.

Non-residents’ earnings and other sources of income are subject to taxation.

Managing a not-for-profit organisation.

Having a tax-advantaged pension plan.

Alcohol, tobacco, firearms, excise, and employment taxes must be filed.

Working with estates, trusts, farmer cooperatives, and mortgage investments in real estate.

How to Start a Business in the United States Without a Social Security Number

There is a common misperception that an ITIN is necessary to establish a company in the United States. As a result, overseas business owners often inquire about how to register a corporation without an ITIN number. It is critical to note that in order to form a corporation in the United States, an EIN, not an ITIN number, must be acquired.

To be clear, companies utilise EINs rather than ITINS. However, if you are a resident alien or a foreign national without an SSN who has to submit taxes and want to create a sole proprietorship or a single-member limited liability corporation (LLC), you will need an ITIN to complete the firm’s taxes. An EIN will still be required.

You do not have to be a citizen of the United States to start a company. If three conditions are completed, a person who is not a citizen and wants to create a company may simply get an employment identification number:

The headquarters of the corporation are in the United States.

An ITIN has been issued to the person who wishes to create the company.

Each day, just one employer identification number is required.

If you are not a US citizen, you do not need to provide an SSN or ITIN to receive an EIN.