646 666 9601 [email protected]

Business filings in Delaware may take several forms, such as filing formation paperwork, requesting a name reservation, or submitting an annual report.


Delaware incorporated business filings may take several forms. In addition to submitting your formation paperwork, you may submit a name reservation request or an annual report. The filings you will utilise will be heavily influenced by the kind of your company.

Delaware Incorporation Procedures

When incorporating in Delaware, the first step is to choose a company name. Ideally, the name you pick should signify the service or product you provide while also accurately reflecting your brand message. You should also select a name that your clients will recognise instantly. Make sure your company name contains a designator like Incorporated or LLC.

Following the selection of a firm name, you must hire leaders for your organisation. You should nominate or recruit management and members if you are founding a limited liability corporation (LLC). When founding a company, you must appoint directors.

The following are some of the fundamental qualifications for Delaware corporate directors:

A corporation must have at least one director.

Directors are not have to be of a certain age.

There is no requirement for directors to live in the United States.

The contact information for the directors does not have to be included on the Certificate of Incorporation.

Delaware LLCs must have the following managers and members:

A minimum of one manager/member is required for an LLC.

Managers and members are not need to have a certain age.

Managers and members are not need to live in Delaware.

The addresses and names of managers and members do not need to be included on the LLC Certificate of Formation.

The next step in forming an LLC or corporation is to file your incorporation documents. When forming an LLC, you must submit a Certificate of Formation, but forming a corporation necessitates filing a Certificate of Incorporation. You should submit your papers with the Department of State for whichever organisation you are creating.

What to Do Following Formation

When you file your formation documents, your LLC or business is formally formed. However, your labour isn’t over after you’ve formed. Corporations in Delaware, for example, must submit an Annual Franchise Tax Report every year. This report requires a $50 filing fee and is due on March 1. The franchise tax that your firm must pay is determined by the number of authorised shares and their value. If you approve more than 5,000 shares, your fees will rise.

LLCs are required to file an Annual Franchise Tax Statement. Every year on June 1st, this paper is due. When you file this statement, you must pay a $250 charge.

Before your company or LLC begins doing business in Delaware, you should get any permissions and licences that are needed by practically every sort of business in order to function lawfully. You may also require federal and local licences in addition to state-level licences.

Following that, you should double-check that you’ve met all of the other requirements. You’ll need an Employer Identification Number, for example, to pay your federal taxes (EIN). The IRS will provide you with this number for free.

It is critical to keep personal and company money separate while establishing an LLC or corporation. This implies you’ll need to create a business bank account for your organisation. Before you can create an account, you will usually need to show your formation documentation as well as your EIN to your bank. By keeping your company and personal money separate, you will retain the liability protections provided by the corporation and LLC structures.

Other things to think about after beginning your business include:

Whether you’ll need to follow zoning regulations.

How much funding your business need.

Whether professional certification is necessary.

What About Foreign Education?

It’s likely that after incorporating in Delaware, you’ll wish to conduct business in other states. You must first qualify as a foreign entity before you may do business in these states. Your corporation is deemed a domestic entity in the state where it was incorporated. To register your firm in a new state, you must have a foreign qualification.

In many ways, foreign qualification is the same as incorporation. For example, you must submit the necessary documentation and pay filing costs. You will also be required to meet continuing obligations, such as filing an annual report. While overseas qualifications might be advantageous, they also require you to maintain track of documentation in different locations.