Role: Corporate Counsel – Corporate Securities & Acquisitions
Location: Dubai, U.A.E.
About the Company:
Oracle is one of the world’s leading information technology companies as a provider of database and application software, cloud solutions, engineered systems and services. Oracle’s technology can be found in nearly every industry, and in the data centers of 98 of the Fortune 100 companies. Oracle is the first software company to develop and deploy 100 percent internet-enabled enterprise software across its entire product line: database, business applications, and application development and decision support tools.
About the Team:
The Corporate, Securities and Acquisitions Group within Oracle’s legal department is responsible for all legal affairs relating to Oracle’s global corporate structure, support of the Board of Directors and its committees, corporate governance, periodic U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission reporting, securities matters, and Oracle’s mergers and acquisitions program, among other duties.
Our team of attorneys have a sense of humor and collaborative personalities. We also have instinctively good judgment and impeccable integrity. We are seeking an experienced attorney who is a true problem-solver, one who possesses the trait to go beyond simply issue spotting.
About the Position:
As a Corporate Counsel, you will be expected to work on a variety of company secretarial compliance matters across the Middle East and Africa region, handle the legal aspects of entity set-ups and restructurings, and further develop and implement corporate policies. You will support a cross-functional team of professionals throughout the company and across the globe on a variety of corporate transactions and day-to-day matters.
Corporate Governance: Manage, perform, and is ultimately responsible for company secretarial compliance across many of Oracle’s subsidiaries, branches, and representative offices in the Middle East and Africa (MEA). Assist extensively with the formation of new subsidiaries and branch offices, and the dissolution of certain entities. Draft documentation and filings and be responsible for maintaining corporate records. Manage corporate delegations and work with many different groups within Oracle to ensure that all corporate delegations and authorizations are up to date and appropriate. Liaise with external service providers, including law firms. May be requested to be a member of the board of directors and/or act as Company Secretary for subsidiaries in MEA.
M&A Integration: Assist other members of the Corporate, Securities, and Acquisitions Group in giving effect to acquired entity integrations and corporate group restructurings in MEA. Responsibilities will include drafting documentation and consulting with stakeholders.
Process and Policies: Work with other members of the Corporate, Securities, and Acquisitions Group, and members of other groups within Oracle, to develop and implement, and ensure compliance with, corporate policies.
• Minimum of 4 years of relevant experience at a top law firm or in-house legal department.
• Business fluency in English in speaking and writing.
• Experience with corporate governance, particularly the establishment and dissolution of legal entities, merger of legal entities, business and trade license requirements, drafting and execution (including cross-border legalization formalities) of corporate approval documentation and ensuring ongoing compliance for legal entities, across MEA.
• Experience working with the company regulatory authorities in MEA.
• Strong academic credentials and a proven track record working within a high performing corporate team (either practice or in-house).
• Strong corporate background, including solid drafting skills.
• Robust personality with high levels of energy, drive and self-motivation.
• Adaptable and commercially-minded team player with a collegial personality and instinctively good judgment.
If you have the experience and ability, and you thrive in a flexible, highly complex and dynamic work environment, running multiple priorities, then you are exactly what we are looking for to join our group.
Competitive salary and extensive benefits package.
Oracle is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against anyone. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, medical condition veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.