Working with many types of media does not need you to be a graphic design or software firm. Whatever your company, you’ll almost certainly have a website, and you may even wish to develop or utilize videos. You’ll need to employ different media license agreements for your firm to preserve your own intellectual property rights and avoid infringing on someone else’s. These are a few of the agreements you should be aware of.

End User License Agreement (EULA)

An End User License Agreement (EULA) is a sort of license agreement that is used in computer software. The buyer does not own the program under an EULA; rather, they are a licensee who is given the rights to use it as specified in the agreement. Some EULAs are restricted to a single machine, while others allow for limitless network access.

Website Design Contract

A website designer agrees to offer design and programming services to a company or person under a Website Design Agreement. This is essentially a contract with a specialist contractor.

Request for Webpage Link

In certain circumstances, you may interact with the owner of another website in person and reach an informal arrangement to link to their site. But, you may need to explicitly request that the third party connect to your website or have them link to theirs.

Video Approval or Release

To receive permission to utilize excerpts from any video or audio recording that contains one or more people, you must complete a Video Clearance or Release form. You will be relieved from obligation for the use of the film as the released party. The recorded party, or the person(s) being recorded, gives you permission to use their image and/or voice. Often, no financial payment is required for this arrangement.

Authorization for Usage of Likeness

This Release for Use of Likeness grants the released party the non-exclusive right to utilize a photograph, image, or other resemblance of one or more persons. Often, there is no monetary transaction for such a release of obligation.

Legal Help CTA