Law firm is Srinagar needs an office assistant. This is a legal support position that provides clerical support to the lawyer engaged in business law practice.
The incumbent must have:
- Excellent computer and typing skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills working with others in a team environment;
- Experience dealing with high-priority, confidential and sensitive information;
- The ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast paced environment, with frequent interruptions while remaining calm, organized and accurate; and
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
We are looking to hire someone with some of the following skills and experience. Please detail your experience in these areas in your cover letter.
- Work experience in the legal field (not mandatory)
- Demonstrated clerical experience;
- Maintaining files;
- Basic experience in creating and formatting documents in programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel and Adobe;
- Experience quickly and efficiently performing data entry while maintaining a high level of accuracy;
- Operation of routine office equipment to include computers, multifunction copiers, printers;
- Experience and ability to accomplish a high-volume of work that requires you to apply well developed organizational skills, regularly prioritize tasks, and work effectively under pressure;
- Experience applying sound judgment and performing tasks independently;
- Ability to work well in a team, where cross training and coordination of unit duties with other employees is a must; and
- Ability to work effectively and calmly with individuals who are often emotionally distraught, upset or hostile.
Our ideal candidates will have secretarial background experience.
Incumbents may be required to work, on a rotating schedule, regular overtime on weekends and holidays.
The incumbent must be able to pass a criminal background check.
One year of experience that includes clerical tasks (such as preparing correspondence or reports, filing, entering data, receiving payments, or maintaining logs) and frequent contacts requiring professionalism (such as with clients, professionals, business representatives, managers, etc.).
Post-secondary education from an accredited college may substitute for the required experience (3 semester hours/4 quarter hours equal one month).
Vocational-Technical Certification in a business support career area (such as administrative office technology, business and marketing management, entrepreneurship, office assistant, etc.) or legal support career area (such as paralegal, legal assistant, legal secretary, criminal justice, etc.) may substitute for the required experience.
ADDITIONAL REQUIRED INFORMATION:
A cover letter is required for this position. The cover letter should highlight your knowledge, skills, and abilities as they pertain to the position. Please attach the cover letter to your application before submitting it online or, if unable to attach to your application, fax it to the contact number provided in the job posting. Your cover letter will be used to help determine which applicants will advance to the interview phase of the recruitment and selection process.
At time of interview:
1. Three professional references with current phone numbers.
2. A copy of your two most recent evaluations.
To apply send your resume to [email protected]
The relevant team will contact you once you have sent your resume.